MANCHESTER-BY-THE-SEA — The Office of the Town Clerk is pleased to announce that nomination papers for the 2019 local election are now available.
Interested parties must go to Town Hall in person to pick up nomination papers or provide a signed authorization for a chosen party to pick up papers on behalf of a potential candidate. The following seats will be featured on the 2019 local election ballot:
- One Moderator for one year
- Two Selectmen for three years each
- Two School Committee members for three years each
- One Board of Library Trustee for three years
- Three Planning Board members for three years each
- Three Constables for three years each
Each interested candidate must obtain the signatures of 32 Manchester-by-the-Sea registered voters in order to be nominated to appear on the ballot.
Nomination papers must be obtained and returned no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 2 to Town Hall. Anyone with questions or concerns can contact the Town Clerk’s Office Monday through Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at 978-526-2040 or [email protected].
General information, dates and deadlines may also be found on the Town’s website here.